Thursday, September 24, 2009

I hope again



The death of Cory, the outpouring of love during her wake and funeral, and the subsequent declaration of Noynoy has given me new hope for our country.

Not that I was in despair. Mine was more of apathy. Which I think is worse.

Sure there were times I was angry, indignant. Who wouldn't be? The Hello Garci scandal. The Fertilizer Scam. The NBN-ZTE Broadband Deal. But this anger would often time turn to frustration and even cynicism because those at the forefront of these anomalies' investigation didn't seem trusty worthy themselves.

But now I have hope again. Just as she did more than twenty years ago when she ran against the dictator, Cory in death has united us and has shown us that there still is hope for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment